If you are shaking in your boots, then it’s time for a nip of courage! 10 points to anyone who knows what Simpsons episodes I am referencing in that last sentence. But seriously, Valor is one of my favorite essential oil blends, and one that I use often. It helps when I am feeling fragile, and it helps when I need to get my work done. I use it in the diffuser when I am working from home, and I use it on my body for a reminder that I am whole and present. Valor is one of those blends that just seems to be solid.
The Gravity of Valor
I find Valor to be a very grounding and earthy blend of essential oils. What drew me to this bottle from the get go was the powerful aroma that immediately caught my attention. I am consistently amazed by how different oils can combine into something totally different than the individual oils added together. Synergy!
The beauty of nature creating these elixirs of health and healing…I am amazed. Can you feel my appreciation and bewilderment and awe? Every single bottle I open is like a new adventure as I integrate my body with the deeply healing qualities of these oils. Along with real, rich traditional foods, pristine herbs, cultured drinks, deep restorative sleep, and a roaring metabolism, essential oils help unlock true vibrancy in body, mind and spirit.
My Other “Ah-ha!” Moments with Healing Essential Oils
This isn’t the first time I have been blown away by the power of essential oils. The first time was with Deep Relief roll-on essential oil blend for a headache. It worked far better than any other headache medicine I have taken before. You can read about it HERE.
And then I used Peace and Calming for an allergic reaction I was having. It stopped my symptoms within minutes, and that really surprised me as well. You can read about it HERE.
I used PanAway to take the swelling down after I had surgery, and it worked just as well as my pain and inflammation medicines I took over the counter. You can see more HERE.
Frankincense was Plus, essential oils are just plain helpful, like when you have a bottle of Purification on hand to help disinfect the air, or a cut, or just to add to your laundry. You can read about it HERE.
Again, most of these experiences are with the body, and less to do with the mind. Frankincense straddles both the mind and body in a meaningful way for me. And I hope it does for you too, when you get your premium starter kit. You can see more about that HERE.
Why I Choose Young Living Essential Oils
Young Living Essential Oils are pure, unadulterated, and from a company that I wholeheartedly trust. I have used their oils and they are the best quality; tried and true. Young Living truly sets the standard for essential oils, using techniques and botanical sources that are the best quality available. They follow every aspect of production for their oils, to ensure that you are getting the purest, safest essential oils in every bottle of liquid plant power!
Essential Oils 101: The Basic Ten
When I started with my essential oils, I went straight for the premium starter kit, because it’s the best value I have found. It comes with a beautiful diffuser that you can use day or night, because it shuts off automatically after 4 hours and has an optional light. The premium starter kit also includes the basic ten everyday essential oils:
- Valor, the oil I am reviewing and giving away today!
- Peace and Calming
Valor Essential Oil
Valor essential oil blend contains:
spruce (Picea mariana), rosewood (Aniba rosaeodora), blue tansy (Tanacetum annuum) and frankincense (Boswellia carteri)
Rosewood Essential Oil (aniba rosaeodora):
Has anti-vital, anti-bacterial, relaxing, and grounding properties.
Spruce Essential Oil (Picea mariana):
Has anti-septic, anti-inflammatory, grounding and releasing properties.
Frankincense Essential Oil:
Has anti-tumoral, immunostimulant, anti-depressant, muscle relaxing, increases spiritual awareness, stimulates the limbic system and helps with stress management, promotes meditation, improves attitude, and uplifts spirits. (source)
Blue Tansy Essential Oil:
Has anti-inflammatory properties, helps release negative energy and anger, and liver-cleansing properties, helping the lymphatic system.
Three Ways to Use Essential Oils:
- Aromatherapy: you can use a diffuser, a cotton ball or cloth with a few drops absorbed into them, or even just waft the bottle under your nose.
- Topical Application: this is achieved by applying the oil with a roll-on attachment, dabbing with a finger onto an affected area or a pressure point, and sometimes, with certain oils, diluting with a carrier oil to use the right amount.
- Internal Use: you can put essential oils into empty capsules and swallow them, or put them in your tea or a small amount of water and drink them. I can only speak for the Young Living brand of essential oils, since they are therapeutic-grade and 100% pure! Other brands do not apply here!
10 Everyday Uses for Valor:
- Chiropractor in a bottle: use Valor before going to a chiropractic appointment to help the adjustment hold well
- Depression: use Valor to uplift mood and create a sense of well-being and courage.
- Jaw tension: use Valor to relieve symptoms of TMJ, or clenching teeth: rub a drop on each side of jaw, or diffuse
- ADD/ADHD: use to help with focus and concentration: diffuse or apply to skin
- Snoring: Apply to the bottoms of feet to help with snoring or to calm little wiggly people before bed 🙂
- Anxiety and Panic Disorders: Valor can help with panic attacks and anxiety by providing a powerful grounding that can slow down symptoms
- Tension headaches: like other essential oils, Valor is very useful for helping with tension: apply directly to tense areas on the head and neck
- PTSD: use Valor to create sense of grounding and mettle; to help with flashbacks by simply wafting the bottle under the nose.
- Perfume or Cologne: Valor is an especially lovely blend that is musky and deep enough to be used by males and females as cologne or perfume.
- Bravery: use Valor to help you when you’re afraid.
How to Enter the Giveaway: Click the Rafflecopter Links Below!
- Required: Like Our Nourishing Roots on Facebook (1 Entry)
- Required: Tweet about the giveaway (can repeat daily) (up to 3 Entries)
- Optional: Order your Premium Starter Kit (10 Entries!)
…And the winner is:
Torrey with the email address “torreylo….@gmail.com “. You have 48 hours to contact me so I can send you your prize! Write me an email: kendahl AT ournourishingroots DOT com.
Thank you! Congratulations!
Remember: Valor is a part of the Premium Starter Kit
Ever since I got my Premium Starter Kit I have been freaking out over how much I love my essential oils! There is an oil for everything, and even though I already loved essential oils, the kit has been instrumental in helping me use the oils much more efficiently and thoroughly. Even after a few weeks of using them, I found that I felt more confident in treating skin problems, sickness, various digestive ailments, and cleaning (laundry, disinfecting, homemade all-purpose cleaners, etc.)
The Premium Starter Kit includes:
- Ten 5 mL bottles of essential oils including: Lavender, Peppermint, Lemon, Frankincense, PanAway, Peace & Calming, Thieves, Purification, Valor and Joy.
- A home diffuser (retail value alone on this one is $96)
- 5 mL bottle of Stress Away
- Aroma Glide roller fitment (to turn any oil into a roll on)
- Two sample packets each of Lavender, Peppermint, Peace & Calming, Lemon, and Thieves (for you to share with your friends)
- Two NingXia Red 2-oz. samples (this is a great supplement for energy)